I am obsessed with all things DIY.

I see it,

I love it,

I make it.




Friday, November 12, 2010

Creating an Empire Waist

There are many caveats to losing weight with me it was that most of clothes didn't fit.  For a Fashionista like me this was the equivalent of HELL!!!  I was comfortable in my "Fat Girl" clothing because they hid most of what I was trying to conceal.  So what do you do now??

I started searching the internet for clothing ideas and hit such sites as Luckymag, Charolotte Russe, Forever 21, Wet Seal, H&M, and Torrid.  I wanted options that would allow me to transition my current clothing in a stylish way while showing off my new figure. 

This top gave me a starting point:
Empire Waist Top

I searched through my closet and found a black cardigan that had long been forgotten.  I had a skinny black patent belt that came with a dress that was now too big and decided to throw that over one of my favorite dresses.

The Empire Waist look was then born!  My waist has always been smaller than the rest of me and this allowed me to look slimmer than putting on a big dress over leggings.  Over the years I had purchased a few belts that never looked right because my belly always got in the way.  I found that Corset Belts helped create an hourglass figure and looked great over most of my dresses. 

I purchased this belt from Torrid @ Potomac Mills Mall and love it!  The front has 2 buckles that are adjustable with elastic in the back for a comfortable fit.  Corset Belt

My next entry will be about shopping for clothes at regular stores.  This is an experience that all Fat Girls anxiously await and I finally got to my Mecca after 3 months of weight loss.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment