I am obsessed with all things DIY.

I see it,

I love it,

I make it.




Sunday, February 2, 2014

Day Trip - St. Charles Town Center Waldorf, MD


I ordered a really cute shirt from Fashion to Figure last month and loved it. The closest location to me is in Waldorf, MD about a 45 minute drive north from me. I checked out the mall that it was in and they had a Torrid, Lane Bryant, H&M, and Fashion to Figure.  I asked my friend if she wanted to go and she was like 'hell yeah!'

Saturday morning we met up and made the drive to St. Charles Town Center. The mall was not off a main road but Waze got me there without too much hassle. 

The mall is two level and fairly small. There are anchor stores Macys, JC Penny's, and Sears. We parked and went into LaneB first. 

The store was nicely laid out and clutter free. We were greeted as soon as we walked in and hit the racks. 

Loving this tee shirt wish I had bought it! 


LaneB was having an additional 50% off all sale and clearance merchandise
I scored a couple great items. 
Perforated Baseball Tee in white $20
Cute chunky necklace perfect for layering $10
  

Anyone who knows me can tell you I'm obsessed with maxi pants.
These have a great print and were $12.50
I couldn't resist taking a few selfies in their giant mirrors. This is me bring my crazy self 

My Outfit -
Leggings old spiegel, black vest from Avenue, grey sweater JLo - thrifted, Multi colored shirt is T-Bags Los Angeles via Gwynie Bee, my purse is Michael Kors from last summer. Caught it on sale for half off. Love this bag more than life!! All jewelry is Juicy Couture. 

Next stop was Fashion to Figure 








The store is very neat, well organized, and separated nicely. I start looking around and 90% of the items are not my style. If I had to describe the clothing it's plus size clubbing gear. I'm looking for work and chilling gear not party clothing. I'm not too discouraged and hit the sale rack. I get a few things and hit the fitting rooms.

They have large bright fitting rooms which is great because I need room to move lol. I am noticing that they run a size small.  This top is a 3X.  I selected 6 items but most of them were too small.

I love the orange color. It's on sale for $12 so this is a yes. 

The back has the cutest chain detail, this is it in Orange

So after trying on 6 items I decide in the two and head to the register. That's when I spy this:

OMG what did the fox say??? I'm going home with you!!!

We finished up and headed to Torrid.  I am learning that I have been VERY spoiled by my store at Potomac Mills so this was a hella disappointment. The store was crowded but not messy. My issue was the clearance. It was not organized by size and anyone who has been to Torrid knows it's a bitch to go through. I didn't buy anything but the ladies that worked there were really nice. 

We hit H&M on the way out and man that store looked like a gang of 2 year olds stayed the night and trashed the store. They don't carry plus sizes in this location so boo on you!! Again totally spoiled by my H&M as they have the plus line at PMills. 

Head out to grab a bite to eat and some thrifting afterwards. There was a Sakura very close by and the food was excellent!  While we were eating I did a search of Thrift Stores to see what was in the area.  Most of the ones that came up were 30 miles away and but I found one that was on the way back to VA called Waldorf Thrift Store Family.

Let's see how we can describe this place. 5 mins and I left. I'll be nice. The stuff was junk. The clothing was all used and a lot of it was stained. Prices were all over the place. You could tell that most of the items were stuff that should have been thrown away, not resold.  So these are a few pics of the store



 

I saw a beaded top for $24.99 and it wasn't even that nice. So after a brief tour of the place I left. I will not go back in there again. 

So after a half day of light shopping it was time to drive back to VA. I'm always on the lookout for great place to score plus size clothing. I had high hopes for today's excursion but it was kinda boo. I liked what I got just wish I found more. Until next time my Plus & Fabulous ladies. Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment