I am obsessed with all things DIY.

I see it,

I love it,

I make it.




Wednesday, January 22, 2014

DIY Animal Jars


I was on Pintrest and found these absolutely FABULOUS jars and knew this was what I needed to make for Christmas.  I usually give out 10-15 office presents and didn't want to spend tons of money but wanted something nice that I could say I made.



I was looking to use up a ton of Bonne Maman Jelly Jars I had in my house and thought these are perfect!

After removing the labels this is what I was left with


So next came the tops.  I didn't take photos of these sorry but I'm sure you get the drift.

I went by Michael's Craft Store and found these miniature animals.  I had a 40% off coupon so they ended up costing around $0.10 a piece.  I glued them to the tops of the jars:

Next came the Spray Paint, I used Valspar in Purple and Black




Next I began spraying light coats on the tops of the jars

Once dried I applied 2 coats of the Clear Glaze from Krylon.  I let these dry overnight before touching them.  If you try to rush it you will leave fingerprints so be patient. 











Next stop was to BJ's Wholesale Club where Jelly Belly's were on sale for $9.99 for a 3 pound bag.  The jars are 13 ounces so this bag will fill almost 4 jars. 



Finished Jars are below




No comments:

Post a Comment