I am obsessed with all things DIY.

I see it,

I love it,

I make it.




Friday, January 24, 2014

Thrift Store Review - Unique Thrift Store Fairfax, VA

Unique Thrift is by my job so I like to visit during the day when its not too busy.  Monday was a holiday and I went in to work for a few hours.  I went on the website and they were offering 50% off the entire store on MLK Day.  Parking was a nightmare, I had to park all the way at the end of the parking lot and walk over.  Temps are around 7 degrees right now so that was a def BOO in my book.

Get into the store and this is what I see:

Wall to wall people, clothing strewn everywhere, and isles packed.  Now to give Unique its fair due, they are usually not this busy when I go during the week.  I have heard they are packed on the weekends.  So with any Thrifting Adventure, go early like when they open.

I encountered some very rude Asians one of which rammed a cart into my ass a couple times in an effort to get me to move.  So use your patience and manners when you are in the store.

The store is broken up into sections like most stores.  The shoe and accessorizes (not jewelry it has its own counter) are to the right when you first walk in.  The shoes here for the most part are pretty torn down and used throughly.  They have misc stuff like scarves, hats, purses, and gloves in this section.

The clothing is separated by Womens, Mens, and Children.  There is a jewelry section, misc house wears, and linens.  I usually by pass this as Clothing is what I'm here for.  Beware there are no fitting rooms so people will literally take their shirts off in the isles. 

I started in the coats and found this:

Forever 21 Plus Size Blazer with the tags still on

So I felt pretty good so far, kept looking and bam found this:
DKNY Camo Sequin Tank $1.50 sold on ebay for $35

I found 2 other tops I think  will work well in my wardrobe:
LL Bean Jean Shirt
Lauren Ralph Lauren Sport Plaid Shir

After digging to find these gems I was starving so I went to checkout.  The lines weren't too bad and a really nice lady with a shopping cart FULL let me go in front of her.  Which was totally awersome!  

Out of 5 stars I give this one a 3. They offer 25% off on Mondays.  Sign up for their VIP Card and you can get 25% off on Thursdays as well.  Worth the stop if you are in the area.  I went on Sunday when they opened at 11am and it actually wasn't so bad.  I found a few more cute things to add to my wardrobe!


Address:
2956 Gallows Road,
Falls Church, VA 22042
 
Phone:
703-992-6569
 
Store Hours:
Monday — Saturday 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday 11:00 am - 6:00 pm

Website:

http://imunique.com/pages/FallsChurchVirginia/ 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment